Rain over the next hill!
In a slight change of pace from my usual things, this week, I have a theme!
As mentioned previously, I have been listening to books during my commute instead of the radio, but there are a handful of songs that I will listen to every time they come on the radio. Today’s three are my top three.
1. Fun. Carry On
This song makes me so happy! It’s a song of perseverance and hope.
We are shining stars
We are invincible
We are who we are
On our darkest day
When we’re miles away
Sun will come
We will find our way home.
It’s fun to sing to and so happy. Really, there are several songs by Fun. that make me listen, but this is, by far, my favorite!
2. American Authors Best Day Of My Life
This one is guaranteed to make me stop, listen and sing at the top of my lungs. It’s been out for a while, but my love for this song hasn’t waned a bit!
But all the possibilities
No limits just epiphanies
I’m never gonna look back
Whoa, I’m never gonna give it up
3. On Top Of The World
I can’t tell you how much I love this song. It’s the newest on the radio off of my list, but it makes me want to sing, even though I barely know any of the words! Actually, Imagine Dragons make me happy. I love their music, but the positivity that flows out of this song makes all my stresses melt away.
And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down
And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now.
‘Cause I’m on top of the world…
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.
Did you notice the theme? The positivity and happiness radiating out of these songs speaks to my soul and makes me smile, even on the most stressful of days. I could also list several songs off the Pitch Perfect soundtrack, but then it would be way more than three things!
What songs make you turn up the radio and sing?
*The links in this post are affiliate links, which mean I receive compensation from purchases, but your price is not affected. Thank you for your support!
I knew there would be weeks when once a week was all I’d post! If nothing else, I’m working on fodder for Thursday every week!
1. In my real job I’m in outside sales. Half of my customers are education facilities, like college campuses and K-12. I love walking around the colleges on my way too and from appointments. The outside air is so fresh, the sounds of students muffled and the sounds of vehicles almost non-existent. It takes me back to my college days, which was one of my favorite periods.
2. We had a Martin build a nest under the eaves of our back porch and hatch three eggs. I loved watching them grow over the two weeks they were in the nest. On Saturday, they grew up and flew away. I was able to get a few pictures of the last one to leave the nest. He was really struggling to join his siblings, but finally made it to the tree they flitted off to.
3. For the longest time we were hold-outs on The Walking Dead, but, finally, my daughter convinced us to buy the first season. We watched it slowly, at first, but just finished Season 3 after binge watching it over a week. Every opportunity we had we watched as many episodes as we could. We finished Season 3 on Netflix last night, then realized Season 4 isn’t up yet! The horror! I purchased it on Amazon Prime, but our internet connection is so poor out here, we can’t watch it! It’s devastating! At least True Blood is starting back up on Sunday. I would love for its final season to be better than the last two, but I’m not hopeful. We’ve watched it from the start (R & I, not the kid!) so we’re just finishing it at this point. We’re also watching Game of Thrones as we’re able. We’re mid-Season 3, but it’s kind of dragging. I really hope it gets better!
So tell me, what are you watching right now? Anything I need to add to my list?
I missed last Thursday, so, evidently, Three Things Thursday is not yet a thing. I’ll get there, though. I hope!
1. Starting a business, starting a blog, running a home all while being busier than ever at your real job is very hard. Rewarding, but hard. I’m so tired. And I really hope nothing’s falling through the cracks. Oh yeah, something is…working out. It’s too hot for that anyways?
2. I love to read and go through spurts where I devour book after book relentlessly until I burn out. Then I don’t read for weeks until something piques my interest. I’m craving books right now, but cannot squeeze another minute out of my day. I do, however, sit in my car at least two hours a day which leaves prime time for listening. I can only take so much radio and songs played endlessly. For a while I was listening to Dave Ramsey on iHeartRadio and Jillian Michaels’ podcast on iTunes. Still love them both, but I needed a break. I started listening to Dave Ramsey’s daughter’s book, Smart Money, Smart Kids. I got it free for pre-ordering the hard back. Loved it. Loved listening to it. Then I took a free trial of Audible to listen to The One & Only by Emily Griffin. Now I’m “reading” Nora Roberts’ The Collector. It’s not quite as good as reading the words, but it’s satisfying my need to keep my mind going all. the. time. My main complaint, though, is the expense! I was downloading books from my library through Overdrive last summer and was able to read all summer for free. Audible is $14.95 plus tax for 1 book a month. After I’m finished with this one I have until July before I can get another! I don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself! (Side note, follow me on Goodreads. I’m trying really hard to keep it updated better than I have been.)
3. We’re getting into Texas summer, which means beautifully long, productive days, sunshine, bright blue skies with big fluffy clouds, and heat. I love three of the things listed. Can you guess which ones they are? (My Jeep declared the temperature as 101 when I got in it to leave the real job yesterday afternoon. It wasn’t, I guess my Jeep is preparing me for the days ahead. Bring it, I guess….)